Always wanted to write poetry but not sure where to start? Want to process life experiences through art?
Look no further. These interactive workshops are a safe environment to play with, delight in, and learn to excel with words. In two sequential 2-hour sessions, we will explore the uses of metaphor and poetry to examine and make sense of our realities, and receive practical tools on how to begin writing and then how to edit drafts, and (last but not least) to have some fun!
This 2-part workshop is designed to:
• Build confidence as individuals
• Help you to reflect on the 'why' of creativity and how to bring joy to yourself and hope to others
• Equip you to begin writing
• Equip you to refine and perform work
You will leave with:
• A sense of comfort with writing and the idea of you as a writer, and with the diversity of style that exists
• Tools to wind-down the inner critic, to begin a piece, and then to refine that piece and perform it
• At least 3 drafted poetic works
• Tools and practical examples on how to use your work for yourself and for others
Group and solo activities:
• Poetry reading
• Writing poetry to express our life
• Writing poetry to offer hope to others
• Create a chain poem
• Free writing from stream of consciousness
Workshop suitable for beginners to intermediate.
The sessions will be delivered LIVE via Zoom. We will send you a zoom link upon registration. If you don't already have a Zoom account you will need to create one - it is free to join: https://zoom.us/
Miriam Dale is a poet and author currently based in Melbourne, Australia. For the past decade she has been writing and publishing poetry, and equipping others to do the same. Her passion for creativity as a means for community building, as well as individual and societal healing, drives her work and inspires her to train others in how to create and use poetry and other art forms in their own lives. She has published two books (with a third in the works), won several awards, and is always seeking out the next opportunity to grow her own skill and to equip others. Her favourite things include (of course) writing, reading, rain, restful afternoons with family, and as much alliteration as she can get! Check out Miriam's work on: miriamdalewritings.com
7th & 14th November 2020
10:00am-12:00pm (Melbourne Time)
Concession: $90 | Full: $105
Limited spots only!
You may also be interested in these workshops.